Here is some information for some common questions regarding donations. Of course, if you have more questions, please use the Contact Form and select Marketing to email us your question.
Q: Why Network for Good?A: We are here for the long run, and need a system that can help us grow and get there. With this new system, we expect to spend less time reconciling disparate spreadsheets, and more time putting your donations to work helping other people eat. A major focus for the food pantry going forward is to improve transparency so that we can build confidence of our supporting friends and businesses.
Easier for you... Easier for us...
- Easily make donations from computer, phone or tablet.
- Receive instant email with tax receipt confirming your donation.
- Quickly make one-time or recurring donations.
- Anytime access to your Online Donation History.
- No more spreadsheets!
- All donor information consolidated into one place.
- Easier to share real time information across organization.
- Faster year end reporting and tax statements.
- Improved transparency.
Q: What happens when I donate online?A: You may notice the following changes when making online and automated donations (after October 2017):
- Your donation to the Haymarket Regional Food Pantry will appear as "Network for Good" on your bank or credit card statement. Don't worry, your donation still goes to us.
- You can create an ID and Password.
- Instantly receive an acknowledgement email of your online donation.
- Receive a personalized email thanking you for your online donation.
Q: Will I get a letter for tax purposes?A: Yes. All financial donations will get a thank you note. The timing of the note will vary:
With Email Addresses Without Email Address Online Donations Donors will receive an instant email acknowledging the donation. Within a month, you will also receive a Thank You note via email. At year end, you will also receive a Thank You note via email, thanking you for all donations throughout the year. Log in at any time to view/download your tax statement(s). N/A All online donations require a valid email address to be processed. Please use our Contact Form to let us know if your email address has changed. Paper Donations You will receive a Thank You note via email within a 60 days of our processing your cash or check donation. At year end, you will also receive a Thank You note via email, thanking you for all donations throughout the year. You will receive a printed thank you letter sent via USPS at year end for all donations made in the calendar year. Food Donations Upon Request Only: If requested, you will receive a Thank You note via email or USPS within 60 days of our processing your food donation. Unfortunately, food donations are not tax deductible. For large, recurring donations, a printed thank you letter will be sent via USPS at year end for all food donations made in the calendar year.
Q: How can I set up an automatic recurring donation?A: Great question. First, thanks for your ongoing support! Second, it's easy, here's how:
- Visit the new and improved donation page.
- Complete the form to start your donations.
- You will be asked to create a username and password so that you can manage your recurring payments in the future.
- Enter your payment information, and you are all done.
Q: Why do I have the option to set up an account with Network for Good?A: When you donate online using our Network for Good donation page, you will have the option to create an account. With an account, you can make donations, manage your payment accounts for recurring donations, and view tax receipts for donations you made through our system. Log in here.
Q: Will I be able to view cash or paper check donations when I log into my account?A: Unfortunately, no. Only donations made online via Network for Good online platform will be available in your online account. But don't worry, we have records of all your donations. If you want to check on the status of a donation sent, use the Contact Form and Select Marketing. Be sure to include your email and/or phone number where we can reach you. Also, please include the donation amount and date you are investigating. Our marketing volunteer or treasurer will get back to you as soon as possible, usually within two (2) business days.