The mission of the Haymarket Regional Food Pantry is to eliminate hunger in our community and surrounding areas by acquiring and distributing food to those who seek aid. We will accomplish this mission by educating, empowering and enlightening the community about the issues of hunger and nutrition.
- We value respect, compassion and honesty in all interactions and activities.
- We value active listening and learning; appreciating the worth and diversity of each person.
- We value nutrition education and advocacy programs that lead towards self sufficiency and sustainable food systems.
- We value the wise use of resources, creating new ways to improve our services and effectively utilizing community support that sustains our work.
- We value our staff and volunteers and their diverse talents, background, passions and commitment to the community.
- We value excellence in leadership. Our role in the community is to be servant leaders and partners for social change.
- We value creativity, the pursuit of knowledge and the sharing of expertise those results in social justice.