Our mission is to give H.O.P.E. by Helping Other People Eat.
Even when the Haymarket Food Pantry is unable to provide you with food, we are committed to helping you find the help you need. If you are facing food insecurity, you may also need support in other areas.
We have gathered a list of other resources to help. Please call or check their websites for more information.
- Virginia 2-1-1 – a free service that can help you find local agencies who provide assistance for rent, food, etc… They are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. When you dial 2-1-1, a trained professional listens to your situation and suggests sources of help using one of the largest databases of health and human services in Virginia. Call 2-1-1 or visit their website 211.getcare.com.
- PWC Schools (PWCS) Meals To Go – When school is closed, Prince William County Schools offers packaged breakfasts and lunches to school age children. “To Go” meals are available “to all children under the age of 18 present at the time of service, without charge, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability, and there will be no discrimination during the meal service.” To learn more, visit “To-Go Meals Available Free During Closure.”
- Prince William County Community Feeding Task Force – For clients who are temporarily homebound due to COVID-19 illness, PWC Food Rescue may be able to help. Call for more information: 703-597-8209.
- SNAP and Virginia Fresh Match (“VFM”) – Enables SNAP recipients to use their benefits at area farmers markets and get additional healthy, locally-grown free fruits and vegetables. Sign up on their website to receive emails about where and when VFM benefits are available. To learn more, visit “www.virginiacfc.org/virginia-fresh-match/”
- Other Food Assistance Resources
- House of Mercy – 8170 Flannery Court in Manassas (Mon-Fri 10 am – 4 pm).
- Capital Area Food Bank – for those who live in Northern VA (Prince William, Fairfax and Arlington counties) visit their website capitalareafoodbank.org/covid19response to find food pantries and resources near you.
- Blue Ridge Area Food Bank – For those who live in counties west and north of us (Fauquier, Culpeper, Loudoun, and Orange counties) visit their website www.brafb.org/find-help/pantry-locator/ to find food pantries and resources near you.
- Other Manassas Area Food Pantries – Our friends at the St. Lucy’s Project put together this list of food pantries in and around Manassas, VA. Manassas-Area-Food-Pantries.pdf
- Virginia Department of Social Services – has set up a COVID-19 response page making it easy to find benefits for which you may be eligible: Have you lost your job or had wages reduced? Do you need help applying for cash, food and/or medical assistance? Need help finding meal sites for children? Visit www.dss.virginia.gov/geninfo/corona.cgi for more information.
- Partnership for Healthier Communities – Providing uninsured children and adults a link to appropriate and affordable healthcare services. Download Flyer or go to website: www.inova.org/inova-community/community-partnerships/partnership-healthier-communities for more information.