It was 2004 and the founding members of the Haymarket Regional Food Pantry sensed a need. They learned of more and more people within the community who were struggling to feed their families and they wanted to do something about it. From its modest beginnings within a small closet to its current operation, the Haymarket Regional Food Pantry continues its mission of H.O.P.E. – Helping Other People Eat.
Who We Are
The Haymarket Regional Food Pantry (HRFP) is a multi-faith, community based ministry comprised entirely of volunteers dedicated to eliminating hunger by providing food to individuals and families in Haymarket, Gainesville and the surrounding areas. We rely entirely on food and financial support from our donors, and are thankful for the tremendous support that we receive from caring individuals, local churches, businesses and organizations, and our impressive team of volunteers.
Highlights and Milestones
- 2005 – The food pantry begins as a small food closet at St. Paul’s Anglican Church.
- 2008 – With the additional support of St Katherine Drexel Catholic Mission and the Town of Haymarket, the food pantry grows and relocates to the Haymarket Town Hall building.
- 2010 – Thanks to the Town of Haymarket, the HRFP moves to its current location on 14740 Washington Street in Haymarket.
- 2010 – The HRFP becomes a tax-exempt, non-profit organization, in accordance with section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code.
- 2014 – Renovation projects begin on the HRFP facility to improve efficiency and expand our services.
- 2015 – The HRFP currently provides food to over 600 individuals and families each month.
- 2015 – The Food Pantry is voted “Best of Haymarket” Non-Profit Organization for the 5th year in a row.
- 2016 – The Food Pantry moves into its new location at 6611 Jefferson Street in the Town of Haymarket.
- 2017 – Expands HRFP Board of Directors, adding four new members.
“Best of Haymarket” 8th year in a row!
Haymarket Lifestyle Magazine
(2011 – 2018)