Upated April 6, 2020
Even though we are temporarily closed (effective April 5th), we still need your help and the suggestions below still apply. We will update this post as necessary. View our Planning for COVID-19 Blog Post for more information on our status.
Updated March 19, 2020
The outpouring of support over the past few days is simply amazing, overwhelming and truly encouraging as we work to stay open to support the hungry in our community. With so many great, super-connected people in our community who are itching to help, we wanted to provide some guidance during this time of social distancing.
- Become a Registered Volunteer
While we are temorarily closed, we are building our volunteer list. If you are interested in hearing about opportunities once we reopen, please register.
- To register, please go to https://haymarketfoodpantry.org/volunteer/ and complete the online registration form.
- We are not holding traditional group orientation or training sessions at this time.
Even though our facility is temproarily closed due to COVID-19, your financial donations are needed more than ever. We have reduced our inventory and will need to restock our supplies when we reopen. Fortunately, our tax-exempt status and purchasing power with local grocerers and the Capital Area Food Bank, allow us to stretch your funds further than the average shopper. Once we reopen, your donations will be put to great use! Two ways to make a financial donation:
- Donate online – Make a one time or recurring gift via credit card or ACH/bank draft.
- Donate by check – Make checks payable to “Haymarket Regional Food Pantry” and mail to PO Box 132, Haymarket, VA 20168. Be sure to include your email address on the check.
- For updates on our status or policy changes, please visit our COVID-19 Planning Blog Post
- To receive future emails from us, fill out the “Subscribe” form on the right sidebar of this page.