Upated June 3, 2020
We have moved to our new facility and will resume limited services in the coming days. Your support throughout COVID-19 has been amazing and we know we can count on you in the future. The suggestions below still apply and will be updated this week. View our Planning for COVID-19 Blog Post for the latest information on our status. Thanks for your patience as we try to get all the information out.
The outpouring of support in recent weeks is simply amazing, overwhelming and truly encouraging as we work to support the hungry in our community. With so many great, super-connected people in our community who are itching to help, we wanted to provide some guidance during this time of social distancing.
- Become a Registered Volunteer:
Our volunteer coordinator regularly sends out on-line signups to fill volunteer shifts of food distribution, food pickup & delivery, receiving donations and food inventory maintenance. This is the best way to find out how you can volunteer. By registering, you will receive these emails as soon as we have a need. If you’re already registered, send her an email to let her know you are eager to help.
- To register, please go to https://haymarketfoodpantry.org/volunteer/ and complete the online registration form.
- We are not holding traditional group orientation or training sessions at this time, so please be flexible and prepared to learn on the fly… we promise, if you sign up and show up to help, there will be seasoned volunteers there to show you the ropes.
- Please, only show up to volunteer if you have signed up for a specific job. We need to limit the number of people in our facility at one time.
Non-perishable items may be dropped off with our volunteers during business hours (or any time in our receiving bins located in the back of our building). Perishable food and large food drives must be dropped off during business hours or by appointment. Here’s how to donate food:
- For a list of our current needs, please click here.
- To respect the social distancing policy in place, donors will not be allowed in the building. Please ring the doorbell and a volunteer will greet you to receive you donations.
- We are experimenting with using an Amazon Wish List for items needed at the pantry. Deliveries will be made to a board members home (as we’re not always open when Amazon delivers). Visit our Amazon Wish List today.
Now that we have moved and reopend our operations, we are focusing our resources on restocking our inventory and pre-packing bags of food for our clients. We’ve had some great food drives to get us started, but will likely give much of it out within a few weeks. We are lucky to have incredible partnerships with local grocery stores and with that comes incredible purchasing power. When our shelves are bare, we order directly from them, dollars go further than the typical shopper, therefor stretching your donation to its fullest potential. Also, we are a tax exempt organization, so that’s another way we can stretch your donation dollars further to help our clients. Two ways to make a financial donation:
- Donate online – make a one time or recurring gift via credit card or ACH/bank draft. You’ll save a tree and get your thank you emails faster too.
- Donate by check – Make checks payable to “Haymarket Regional Food Pantry” and mail to PO Box 132, Haymarket, VA 20168. Be sure to include your email address on the check.
- For updates on our status or policy changes, please visit our COVID-19 Planning Blog Post
- To receive future emails from us, fill out the “Subscribe” form on the right sidebar of this page.
Do you, or someone you know, need assistance with food? We are here to help. Please Click Here to learn more about our programs, or about other resources in the area.