Unlike most food pantries that require clients to demonstrate financial need, the Haymarket Regional Food Pantry, due to its strong faith-based nature, will feed anyone in our Service Area who comes in need of food. If you or your family needs food assistance, the Haymarket Regional Food Pantry is here to help.
As of April 5th, our facility is temporarily closed. On this page, we have compiled a list of other resources in the area that are able to provide food assistance at this time. Our goal is to reopen as soon as we can establish a safe environment for our clients and volunteers.
Requirements / How to Receive Food:
To receive food, or be eligible for any of our programs, our clients must provide the following:
- A completed Client Application Form (hard copy):
- 2020 HRFP Client Application (English/Spanish – Print Only)
- 2020 HRFP Client Application (English/Spanish – Fill Online and Print) (coming soon)
- A government issued ID (such as a driver’s license or passport) for each adult resident in your household
- A utility bill or lease with current address located within the HRFP Service Area
(See below for the current HRFP Service Area information)
Volunteers are available to assist new clients with forms and answer questions during the hours below.
For compliance purposes, all clients are required to re-apply every year.
Location / Where to receive food:
The Haymarket Regional Food Pantry is located in the back of the building at
6611 Jefferson Street
Haymarket, VA 20169
This location is temporarily closed.
Hours / When to Receive Food:
We are open to assist clients and distribute food on the following days/times:
- Tuesdays: Closed
- Thursdays: Closed
- Saturdays: Closed
Our registered clients may visit the pantry once per week. New clients often receive food the same day they submit the required information. Emergencies can be addressed at any time when originated by a pastor or social worker. See our calendar of events page for holiday, event, or weather related closures.
HRFP Service Area:
Effective January 2018, the HRFP Service Area includes the Virginia zip codes in the following range: between 20105-22124 and between 22643-22742. If you do not reside within our Service Area, or for more information on other food assistance programs in your area, please see our Alternative Resources at the bottom of this page.
- Prince William County Community Feeding Task Force – Food Distribution Locations
- Park Valley Church – 4500 Waverly Farm Drive in Haymarket (Every Tues and Sat from 1-3 pm).
- House of Mercy – 8170 Flannery Court in Manassas (Mon-Fri 10 am – 4 pm).
- Grace Life Community Church – 9560 Linton Hall Road, Bristow. (Every Tues from 1-3 pm).
- Other Manassas Area Food Pantries – Our friends at the St. Lucy’s Project put together this list of food pantries in and around Manassas, VA. Manassas-Area-Food-Pantries.pdf
- The HRFP is not responsible for the accuracy of this list. Please call to verify if a pantry is open and any requirements to utilize their services. We will post updates as we hear of them.
- PWCS Meals To Go – When school is closed, Prince William County Schools offers packaged breakfasts and lunches to school age children. “To Go” meals are available “to all children under the age of 18 present at the time of service, without charge, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability, and there will be no discrimination during the meal service.” To learn more, visit “To-Go Meals Available Free During Closure.”
- Capital Area Food Bank – visit their website capitalareafoodbank.org/covid19response for more information.
- Virginia Department of Social Services – has set up a COVID-19 response page making it easy to find benefits for which you may be eligible: Have you lost your job or had wages reduced? Do you need help applying for cash, food and/or medical assistance? Need help finding meal sites for children? Visit www.dss.virginia.gov/geninfo/corona.cgi for more information.
- Partnership for Healthier Communities – Providing uninsured children and adults a link to appropriate and affordable healthcare services. Download Flyer or go to website: www.inova.org/inova-community/community-partnerships/partnership-healthier-communities for more information.